NeuroBoun Tool is designed to support researchers while investigating a subject of interest within a body of work through inquiries that embody a set of queries. Researchers can perform several comparisons without losing the context of their search by obtaining the aggregated inter-related query results. The design of NeuroBoun emerged while investigating the cerebral asymmetry in general and the lateralization of subcortical structures such as the amygdala in particular.
Links NeuroBoun tool can be accessed via http://soslab.cmpe.boun.edu.tr/neuroboun. Username and password can be used as "demo", "demo". Source code of the application can be accessed at https://gitlab.com/neuroboun/NeurobounInquiryTool Future Work
- The current version of the system performs queries over the titles, abstracts, and keywords of articles from Pubmed. Considering the significant increase in open access articles, we aim to extend the tool to use full text of documents.
- The locations where the query terms match the document (i.e., Future Work and Results) may provide critical clues for researchers regarding the significance of the papers or their findings.
- Assessment of the relevance of a documents such as its contribution.
- Use of more advanced NLP methods and semantic web techniques, such as matching documents with specific relations between query terms (i.e., document related to the impact of left amygdala on anxiety or those about neuroanatomical relations).
- Suzan Üsküdarlı, Computer Engineering Department, Bogaziçi University
- Erinç Gökdeniz, Sony Global Solutions Istanbul
- Reşit Canbeyli, Psychology Department, Boğaziçi University
- Özgür Akyazı, Munich Technical University (part of senior project)
- Şahin Batmaz, Bogazici University & Huawei (part of senior project)
- Haluk Bingöl, Computer Engineering Department, Bogaziçi University
- Arzucan Özgür, Computer Engineering Department, Bogaziçi University
Demo tool: http://soslab.cmpe.boun.edu.tr/neuroboun